ExchangeConnector 3.0  - FileLoadExecption

Hi

We have installed the ExchangeConnector 3.0 today, but the connector never enter running status.

In the eventlog the following error message i present:

"
A Windows Workflow Foundation workflow failed during execution.

Workflow Type: Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow
Workflow Identifier: cfd83a19-8e5c-a957-13ef-df442739dfbb
Exception Type: System.IO.FileLoadException
Exception Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Exception Stack: at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox..ctor()
at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

"

Environment:
Running Exchange 2010

We have installed the Microsoft Web Services 2.0 API

Copied the two dll (ref. installdoc) to the ServiceManager install folder

We're using autodiscovery, but we've also configured the ExchangeURL-key in regisry (tried with or witout - same result as above)

Check for any traffic blocked by the firewall - none present

Anyone knows how to fix this?
Thanks.

November 23rd, 2012 6:10pm

anyone?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 26th, 2012 11:55am

Hi

looks like you are missing microsoft.exchange.webservice.dll in servicemanager folder. But as you write, you have copied microsoft.exchange.webservice.dll  and Microsoft.systemcenter.exchangeconnector.dll to this folder. Have you tried a re-boot ? I have installed exchange connector on several customers site without any problem.

Jon

November 26th, 2012 2:46pm

I ran into the same issue.  Here is what fixed it for me.  I was using the Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll from EWS 2.0 API.  Does not work.  I then downgraded and installed the EWS 1.2 API and copied the Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll from that install.  That DLL is dated 6/6/2012.  I rebooted and it worked like a champ.

Hope that helps.

Z

November 27th, 2012 8:28am

Hi

Installed the 1.2 version instead as you suggested and restarted the server.

Now, I dont get any errors in the OperationsManager log (eventviewer), but the connector never starts (Status = Never Run)

is there anywhere I may force the connector to start, or other logs I might review to see what is not working this time?

November 27th, 2012 4:00pm

I finally got the connector to start after recreating it a couple of times.

But, even if its now runs successfully, it wont pick up the emails in the workflow-mailbox

In eventviewer I get two messages:

A Warning-message saying:
"The Health Service received a secure message from management group xxxx which was encrypted using the wrong public key. This message has been discarded and the public key will be re-published."

and then a Infomartion message saying:
"The Health Service has published the public key [xxxxx] used to send it secure messages to management group SMAdmins.   This message only indicates that the key is scheduled for delivery, not that delivery has been confirmed."

How do I fix this? (if it is related)

Thanks

November 29th, 2012 6:31pm

problem solved.

First,of all, the EWS 2.0 api is working(no, need to have the 1.2 version)

I also had to install the 32bit version of the EWS on a testserver, and then copy the 32bit version of the Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll to the SCSM root folder. (=the 64bit EWS 2.0 is installed on the Exchange server, and the 32bit version of the dll is on the SCSM server)

The 64b version that one should think to install, as the server is x64, caused all problems above.

Even if we use autodiscover on Exchange, I hade to use the ExchangeURL and point to the EWS Url, and I had to put in the workflow user in username (and its password). (yes, Ive ran the impersination command on the Exchange server as well)

I've tried with or without impersination on the connector, but the registery-setting did the trick.

Finally, after days of troubleshooting is working

• Marked as answer by Moe,Peter Friday, November 30, 2012 12:03 PM
  • Edited by Moe,Peter Friday, November 30, 2012 12:04 PM
November 30th, 2012 12:03pm

problem solved.

First,of all, the EWS 2.0 api is working(no, need to have the 1.2 version)

I also had to install the 32bit version of the EWS on a testserver, and then copy the 32bit version of the Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll to the SCSM root folder. (=the 64bit EWS 2.0 is installed on the Exchange server, and the 32bit version of the dll is on the SCSM server)

The 64b version that one should think to install, as the server is x64, caused all problems above.

Even if we use autodiscover on Exchange, I hade to use the ExchangeURL and point to the EWS Url, and I had to put in the workflow user in username (and its password). (yes, Ive ran the impersination command on the Exchange server as well)

I've tried with or without impersination on the connector, but the registery-setting did the trick.

Finally, after days of troubleshooting is working

• Marked as answer by Moe,Peter Friday, November 30, 2012 12:03 PM
  • Edited by Moe,Peter Friday, November 30, 2012 12:04 PM
November 30th, 2012 3:03pm

Hi Everyone

I am having this same issue.

I have installed the 32-bit version of EWS 2.0 on the SCSM server but it has not fixed it. 

I know that I will need to set the Exchange Web Service URL but I do not see the entry for Service Centre Service Manager Exchange Connector in the Registry. 

I have done a reboot of the server. 

Any suggestions?

March 20th, 2013 8:22am

you will have to create the registry keys manually, if they are not present. Please refer in the ExchangeConnector doc.
March 22nd, 2013 3:59pm

you will have to create the registry keys manually, if they are not present. Please refer in the ExchangeConnector doc.
March 22nd, 2013 6:59pm

I'm having this same issue.  SCSM 2012 SP1 on Windows Server 2012.  Have tried setting the URL, username, and pw in the registry.  Also tried various versions of the EWS 1.2 and 2.0 32-bit and 64-bit, but still am not having any luck.  Workflow account is an admin in SCSM and on the box.  There's no incoming e-mail in the workflow mailbox, yet the message still appears on the interval that the Exchange connector is set to run.

I'm running out of ideas...

Workflow Identifier: 11325db1-ee57-7395-863e-5745ea885211

Exception Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Exception Stack:    at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox..ctor()

at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.FaultAndCancellationHandlingFilter.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)

March 24th, 2013 4:49am

Figured it out.  And can confirm that the 3.0 RC Exchange connector does play well with Exchange 2013 btw, which is what I was using to test.

Using the dll from EWS 2.0 when SCSM is installed on Server 2012 results in this error:

Workflow Identifier: 11325db1-ee57-7395-863e-5745ea885211

I had a different error using EWS 1.2, but resolved by adding the workflow account to the SCSM Administrators group (I missed that one!).  So I now can confirm that the error fixes in Server 2012 by using the EWS 1.2 version.

I was able to successfully use EWS 2.0 when SCSM is installed on a Server 2008 R2 box on another enviornment.  But it just doesnt seem to work when the OS runs 2012.

March 24th, 2013 6:15am

Hi Guys

Just getting back to my setup again (I had to rebuild my DEV environment).  It is SCSM 2012.  I am using a Web Service URL configuration.  Have installed EWS2.0 32-bit on the server (based on the above comments), and created the registry settings as required for the Web Service URL.  I am still getting the same message in the event viewer as below.  Any suggestions?

Workflow Identifier: 4e488341-8d44-55c8-fcc8-0dd43ca49086

Exception Stack: at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox..ctor()

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

April 3rd, 2013 7:23am

The only way I was able to get the Exchange 3.0 RC connector to work on a Server 2012 system was to use the 64-bit EWS 1.2 (not 2.0). 
April 3rd, 2013 7:25am

can't for the life of me get this working
February 26th, 2015 11:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics